Previous Pregnancy Updates:
- Pregnancy Announcement
- Pregnancy Q&A
- Gender Reveal
- 26 Weeks Pregnant
- 27 Weeks Pregnant
- 28 Weeks Pregnant
- 29 Weeks Pregnant
- 30 Weeks Pregnant
Which brings us to the completion of my 31 weeks of pregnancy 🙂 The time is just whizzing by and I’m just hanging in there! I’m nervous and anxious to meet my little one… enjoying the pregnancy and putting up with the annoyances of being uncomfortable in this last trimester. Everyone said I’ll be wanting this baby out as I get closer to my due date, that by the time I have to deliver Baby P, I won’t be thinking about the pain of labor and all the scary stuff that comes with it.
Anyway, here I am at 31 weeks! It seems the belly has grown quite a bit since my last update pic…
…And that belly will just get bigger and bigger as it gets closer to my due date.
What Is Baby P Up To This Week?
- Baby P is about the size of a coconut, weighs approximately 3.3 lbs and measures over 16 inches long…and is heading into a growth spurt (Um, I think she already did!)
- She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath the skin.
- Her kicks and somersaults may be keeping me up all night – but that just means Baby P is active and healthy!
- Baby’s brain connections are developing, too! She is now processing information, tracking light, and perceiving signals from all 5 sense.
- She’s also putting in longer stretches of sleep – with noticeable patterns of wakefulness and rest.
What’s Been Happening With Me This Week?
Weight Gained: So I had my doctor appointment at the very end of the 31 week mark. According to their scale, I’ve gained about 4 lbs since my last visit. So we’re lookin’ at 26 lbs total gained so far. And I’m right on track! Yay!
Workouts: I have failed miserably at this once again. No strength training. At. All. But, lots of and lots of walking still. At work. Life of a retail manager means busy, busy, busy. I’m hoping to see if I can get some strength training in from now till Baby P arrives to help with endurance since I will need it for labor and delivery!
- lower back pain (still)
- extreme exhaustion
- I get totally winded walking short distances and have to stop to catch my breath. Even walking and talking takes a lot out of me.
- Baby P continues to hang out in my right rib and it gets pretty uncomfortable when driving home from work
- Frequent trips to the potty day and night
- Feeling hungry all the time but unable to eat my normal portions of food because duh, there is no room in this belly
Food Aversions: None. Perhaps that phase of pregnancy is over. I dunno. We’ll see.
Food Cravings: Any and everything coffee and chocolate! Haha. Okay so a couple of days last week, we had some chilly temps roll through SoCal and I craved some pho. Just soup in general. Only thing is, I couldn’t have any. By choice. Soup would just make me feel full and miserable. So that kinda sucked. But I got over it real quick when the temperatures got hot again.
Sleep: Surprisingly enough… pretty comfortable sleep. Not enough sleep though. And that’s because I don’t go to bed early enough. So I’m averaging 6 hours of sleep a night during the weeks. And even with the frequent bathroom trips, I’m still able to go right back to sleep and just knock out till the next potty trip or when i have to get up for work. So yeah… no complaints here.
Any Baby/Pregnancy Related Purchases? No, but that could all change soon coz I’m itchin’ to buy some clothes for Baby P. I’ve been seeing some cute clothes….
Stretch Marks? Thankfully enough, nada! Since I’ve stopped using cocoa butter, I’ve just been using my regular lotion and then after taking my shower at night, I’d rub my belly with Extra Virgin Olive Oil to keep my skin moist and prevent dry skin. The only spots that itch, if ever, is my belly button. And whenever that happens, i just rub some lotion on the area and it kinda helps.
Miss Anything? I miss my normal unpregnant body. Don’t get me wrong… that doesn’t mean I don’t like being pregnant! I know some of you will take that comment in a negative way. But the idea of having limitations and restrictions, especially at work… where I’m used to being Superwoman… it’s kinda hard to deal with. I love being pregnant with Baby P. But I really do miss being able to just walk up the stairs without feeling like I’m going to pass out. And I am pretty sure once Baby P is here… I will say “I miss being pregnant and I miss my pregnant belly”. But for now…that is my answer.
Belly Button In or Out? It is no longer an innie.
Looking Forward To: The weekend. We have a baby shower to go to for a good friend who is due in the beginning of June…not long before me! So it’ll be nice to celebrate and spoil her little girl and be able to grub on some good food! 🙂 And dessert. Looking forward to some cake. Mmmmmm.