Home stretch baby!!! We’ve reached the 37 week mark! Which means, Baby P can come any day now! I’m hoping she decides to stay in the belly till her due date, but if she wants to come early, then that’s completely fine, too! Everyone is anxious to meet her and so are we. So this could potentially be one of the last pregnancy posts from yours truly… well, until Baby #2 😉
What Baby P’s Been Up To This Week…
- Baby P weighs 6 1/3 lbs and measures a bit over 19 inches head to heel…about the size of a of a bunch of Swiss chard.
- She may also be born with a full head of hair
- Her lungs and brain are continuing to mature in these last couple of weeks
What I’ve Been Up To This Week…
Weight Gained: hopefully not too much! Being on maternity leave, in this heat, has made me lazy. Work kept me super active. All I’ve done at home is clean and watch shows on Netflix.
Workouts: Walks around the neighborhood with the pups. When it cools down in the evenings, the hubs and I take them out for a nice stroll.
- Mild headaches – I’m blaming it all on Southern California’s heat. Triple digit heat is just not the greatest weather conditions to endure during pregnancy.
- Nosebleed – again, I blame the heat as well as being pregnant.
- Dizziness – I always have dizzy spells when the weather heats up. Don’t know why but I do. And I’m blaming pregnancy too.
- Aches and pains in the back, legs, lower abs and groin area. Doing chores and just being on my feet for short amounts of time just kills me.
- Occasional Braxton Hicks? Honestly don’t know if that’s what I feel but sometimes when I stand up from sitting for awhile, there’s tightness and pain in the lower ab area and I’m just guessing that’s what it is. *shrug*
- Slight nausea after eating…not to mention, taste buds are out of whack. What I mean by that is… EVERYTHING I eat leaves a weird taste in my mouth.
- Mild swelling in feet and ankles.
- Vaginal discharge
- Extreme laziness and exhaustion!!!!
- Frequent potty breaks!!!
Food Aversions: None
Food cravings: Watermelon!!!
Sleep: Definitely starting to get uncomfortable. The belly is just heavy. And having to lay on my side… the weight of the belly makes it feel like it’s about to fall off! Once I find a comfy position, I have no problem falling asleep. But I’m still getting up 2-3 times a night to use the potty, and getting in and out of bed is quite challenging.
Any Baby/Pregnancy Related Purchases? No, but continuing to receive gifts for Baby P! Gift cards, of course. And received a gift from a friend in Hawaii. It’s a car seat cover/canopy set from Car seat Canopy… And I cannot wait to use it!
Stretch Marks? And with less than 3 weeks left to go, I think I see stretch marks. Which I’m depressed about. They’re red right now…and it’s hard to really tell if they are really stretch marks. I guess lathering it up with lotions and oils every day didn’t help me at all…and as vain as I sound right now, I’ll eventually get over it and accept it. And that doesn’t mean I love Baby P less or hate being pregnant…so for those of you reading this who are criticizing and judging me right now, just don’t. I’m sure I will wear these marks as a badge of honor but for now, just let me sulk. Watching my body change and transition has been both amazing and yet difficult at times. And that’s all I’m going to say about that.
Miss Anything? With Baby P nearing her due date, I am already missing the thought and idea of her being in my belly. Feeling her movements first thing in the morning, all throughout the day, and the last thing before I sleep at night… I’m going to miss that. I love her and can’t wait to meet her…but the time spent being pregnant with my baby girl will be missed.
Belly Button In or Out? Out!
Wedding Rings On or Off? I haven’t put them on since that one day… My hands aren’t swollen but I don’t want to take the chance of having my rings get stuck on my finger.
Happy or Moody Most of the Time? Happy! And just irritable because of the heat.
Any Movements? She is active all the time! I love watching her movements. Makes me smile.
Looking Forward To? The next doc appointment… to see Baby P and find out if we are progressing nicely! Hubby and I have been counting down!