So it’s taking me awhile to edit the gender reveal video… and I thought I’d have it done before it was time to post my 17 week update… but it just didn’t happen. I am working on it though! Hopefully next post will be the BIG REVEAL. Keep your fingers crossed!
What is up with Baby P #2 this week?
- Baby P is the size of a sweet potato (or onion as my pic says above)
- His/her skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone
- His/her umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker
- He/she weighs about 5 ounces now and is around 5 inches long from head to bottom – about the size of a sweet potato.
- He/she can move his/her joints and his/her sweat glands are starting to develop
What’s been happening with ME this week?
Weight Gained: I don’t have a clue. I don’t own a scale. Not exactly sure if they’ll take my weight at my next doc appointment because it’s not a regular appointment. It’s the anatomical ultrasound appointment. But will let you know of any updates for sure.
Workouts: Nothing new. I’ve even considered maybe just omitting this part in my future updates but I might just surprise you (and myself) by doing some kind of prenatal workout. Squats maybe?
- Always tired. Though I can’t really tell if it’s because I’m pregnant or because I have a very active toddler. Either way, I think I’ll be tired for the rest of my life.
- Major case of mommy/pregnancy brain – not something to brag about
- Bloat. Pretty much since day 1.
Food Aversions: None really…my appetite’s actually been pretty normal lately. And although I haven’t craved meat, it doesn’t gross me out like it did.
Food Cravings: None I can think of.
Sleep: Still pretty comfortable. Although now that the bump is noticeably bigger, I’m trying to get used to sleeping on my left side again. I’ve caught myself lying on my back, which actually feels so much comfortable. And that’s weird to me because I’ve always been a side sleeper. Looks like I’m gonna have to trade in my memory foam pillow for the pregnancy pillow finally – I have been going back and forth between the 2 since the beginning.
Any Baby/Pregnancy-Related Purchases? No. Not yet.
Stretch Marks: No new ones – hope it stays that way.
Miss Anything?: Working out. Gotta love it when FB memories pop up and those gym selfies pop up. I was so vain. And so fit! Can’t wait to be able to do it again!
Belly Button In or Out? In.
Wedding Rings On or Off? On!
Happy or Moody Most Of The Time? I’d say I’ve been pretty content. No major mood swings. Even my road rage isn’t so bad.
Any Movement? All the time! And feeling stronger by the day!
Looking Forward To? Nesting. Getting stuff ready for and making room for Baby P! Got lots to do and haven’t started yet because we were waiting to see what we were having. You know, so we know whether we get to keep Ella’s baby clothes or if we should start buying some baby boy stuff.
Anyway, I’m just about done editing the gender reveal video! Look for that post real soon!