What is up with Baby P #2 this week?
- Baby P weighs almost 2 lbs and measures about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended…so about the size of a cauliflower or head of lettuce.
- She sleeps and wakes at regular intervals, opens and closes her eyes, and could potentially even be sucking her fingers.
- She is super active now which means her brain tissue is continuing to develop.
- She is breathing (amniotic fluid) but her lungs are still immature but would be capable of functioning (with a lot of medical help) if she were to be born now.
- And it is very common for her to have episodes of baby hiccups (that rhythmic movements I am feeling from time to time) that lasts only a few moments.
What’s been happening with ME this week?
Weight Gained: at my last doc appointment on June 30th, I found out I was still at 17 lbs gained since the start of this pregnancy. Totally didn’t gain anything but maybe a few ounces since my last appointment about 3 weeks prior. I also still feel like that’s a lot but my doctor didn’t seem too concerned. So I guess I shouldn’t be either.
Workouts: not a damn one. Just the hustle and bustle of my work life.
- Mild leg cramps at night…especially when I was up visiting my mother-in-law over the weekend. Not exactly sure if it’s because of the altitude since she lives in the mountains.
- Lower back pain
- Hot flashes
- Some headaches
Food Aversions: it’s been pretty good lately.
Food Cravings: sweets. Junk food.
Sleep: fine except for all the trips to the restroom.
Any Baby/Pregnancy-Related Purchases? First baby gift from my favorite sister in the whole wide world!!!
The Sea Punk Tokidoki print Jujube diaper bag. The BRB (Be Right Back). Super cute!!!
Stretch Marks: still the same ones
Miss Anything?: I miss being able to just walk without waddling or feeling like I’ve done a million squats. I’m barely about to enter into my last and final trimester and I’m already feeling like I can barely move.
Belly Button In or Out? Out
Wedding Rings On or Off? On! But I noticed my fingers were a little puffy over the weekend. Must be the heat.
Happy or Moody Most Of The Time? Happy! Not as irritable this week as the last one.
Any Movement? She seems to be rolling a lot more than kicking and punching. I guess she’s still got plenty of room to be rolling around in there. Her kicks and punches have been pretty mild.
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week?
Took a trip up north to get Ella. Had a good time just relaxing and enjoying nature. Spent some time sightseeing in Tahoe. And then came back home in time to celebrate the 4th with my father in law and the rest of the fam. Oh! And since Ella was up at her grandma’s house on her birthday, we had a little celebration for her on the 4th as well. It was a pretty awesome weekend.
Looking Forward To? Shopping this weekend for our maternity family photo shoot next week! Yup.