I swear it feels like I just posted my 28 week update…. but here we are! 29 weeks and feeling GREAT!!!!
Check out this belly one more time….
Can this belly even get any bigger?! I know Baby P’s still got some growin’ to do…
What Is Baby P Up To This Week?
- She is now the size of a butternut squash
- She weighs in about 2.5 – 2.9 lbs and is a little over 15 inches long
- Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature and her head is growing bigger to make room for that developing brain.
- To meet Baby P’s increasing nutritional demands, I’ll need plenty of protein, vitamin C, folic acid, and iron. And because Baby P’s bones are soaking up lots of calcium, I need to make sure to consume a lot of calcium. During this trimester, about 250 mg of calcium is deposited into Baby P’s hardening skeleton each day.
What’s Been Happening With ME This Week?
Weight Gained: Not a clue. And I’m okay with that.
Workouts: the usual – walks around the neighborhood and squats. I’m hoping to do a little more strength training at home next week but we’ll see how well that goes.
- Lower back pain
- Mild cramping in the lower ab area from walking around too much (Braxton-Hicks contractions maybe? Idk)
- Super duper tired (story of my life)
- I get winded easily (stairs are just the worst!)
- Just being plain UNCOMFORTABLE whether I’m sitting or laying down
- And I’ve just found more varicose veins on the back of my thighs. Yuck. They are gross. So much for looking cute in a bikini this summer.
Food Aversions: Nothing that sticks out in my mind…
- Coffee (because I know I can’t have any anymore)
- Crackers (weird but true!)
- Fried Chicken (yup, that one will never go away)
- And one of my favorite dishes as a kid – eggplant fried in an egg batter.
Sleep: It’s gotten a little better since I bought that body pillow… but it’s still difficult to get comfortable. I know “uncomfortable” is what I’ll be for the next 11 weeks, but hey… I got this.
Any Baby/Pregnancy Related Purchases? Some maternity tank tops from Old Navy. I don’t want to keep on buying more maternity clothes but at least I’ll still be able to use these tanks after Baby is born. They’re comfy and casual and I got them for $6 each. So that makes it okay 😛
Stretch Marks? Nope! 🙂
Miss Anything? Yes!!! I miss coffee!!! And I miss working out hardcore. I thought taking advantage of being pregnant and not working out like I’m used to would be like taking a vacation… but I find myself wishing I could just get to the gym and just start lifting heavy weights. It’ll be a few more months before I can get back at it.
Belly Button In or Out? It depends on the time of day. And what I eat. As strange as that sounds… but on some days, it’s a complete outtie. Especially when I eat a lot or if my stomach is full of food. And then on the days where I don’t eat a lot of heavy meals, it’s not as much of an outtie.
Wedding Rings On or Off? Still on!
Happy or Moody Most of the Time? Extremely happy and feeling blessed. As uncomfortable as I am… I know it’s only temporary and totally worth it for my little human being to continue to bake inside my growing belly.
Any Movements? A LOT of movement. It’s becoming more visible each day and it’s just the coolest thing ever. She responds to gentle pokes/nudges on the belly and I absolutely love it.
Looking Forward To: Going on maternity leave. I wanted to be Super Woman and work all the way up to the last possible week I can, but I realize that this growing belly is adding so much weight to my body that it’s just too hard to keep up with the demands of my job. So I can’t wait to finally be able to just relax and “nest” once I’m given the OK to take my leave.
I am going to be 30 weeks prego tomorrow. Which means 10 more weeks to go. Which means AAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!! 🙂