What is up with Baby P #2 this week?
- Baby P weighs about 3 3/4 pounds and measures about 16.7 inches long and is about the size of a jicama!
- I’m gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to Baby P.
- She’s going to gain about 1/3 of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb.
- She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair.
- Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
What’s been happening with ME this week?
Weight Gained: Had my doctor appointment on August 2nd. I gained approximately 8 lbs from my last appointment at the end of June. Total weight gained since start of pregnancy: 25 lbs. Keep your fingers crossed… trying not to gain any more than I really have to.
Workouts: ha! This prego lady ain’t doing anything extra walking or lifting outside of what I do at work as well as trying to keep up with my toddler who won’t let me relax when we get home for the day. So yeah… workouts will resume 6 weeks postpartum thank you very much!
- Just being plain uncomfortable – getting more and more difficult to get up from sitting position, from laying in bed… just difficult to move period.
- Shortness of breath without even walking much or far… Baby P is really taking up a lot of room in my belly.
- Raging hormones – major mood swings from one extreme to the next.
- Fatigue. Super freaking tired on the daily.
- Carpal tunnel and weird cramping in my hands and feet at the most random times
Food Aversions: none I can think of
Food Cravings: everything sweet and bad for your health. Like root beer floats. And cheese. Lots of it.
Sleep: still able to sleep well. No insomnia here. No restless leg syndrome here. *knock on wood*
Any Baby/Pregnancy-Related Purchases? Bought 4 new onesies from work.
And the 4th one – front n back…
How freaking cute is that?!
And from here on out, I will be making purchases for other items I need (and want) for baby. Like new burp rags, wash clothes, bandana bibs, muslin blankets, swaddles, and wearable blankets. And then once I’m on maternity leave, depending on if we get gifts from friends and family, I’ll be finalizing my shopping lists of must haves before Baby P arrives. Lots to do before she arrives!!!
Stretch Marks: I think I see some new ones. There’s some red marks under what’s supposed to be my belly button. The area itches. I’m pretty sure there will be stretch marks there. *sigh*
Miss Anything?: being able to walk without waddling
Belly Button In or Out? Very much an outtie
Wedding Rings On or Off? On!
Happy or Moody Most Of The Time? This week? Pretty chill. And happy.
Any Movement? Hell yeah…
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week? Totally drawing a blank here. Guess that means nothing really exciting and new has been going on. Except for the growing belly and the constant reminders that I look like I’m about ready to pop. Yup… at this point in time, it doesn’t even faze me anymore. I kind of agree that I’m huge.
Looking Forward To? Going on maternity leave! 3 more weeks!!!